Random Posts

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Difficult Game

I recently won a very difficult game on Lechencher SchachServer where on several occasions I felt the engines were suggesting less than optimal moves.  In analyzing the game it was very difficult for me to determine what the true result should have been, but my feeling is that Black missed several chances to draw the game.  Black’s trouble seems to stem from the decision at move 52 to trade his 2R’s for a Q and P.  Despite the engine evaluations placing White at a nearly 3-Pawn advantage, my gut feeling is that by keeping the R’s on he would have made it much more difficult for me to squeeze out a win. This game is another example of situations where, in order to make a true evaluation of the position, you need a GM’s instincts…something I lack.

No comments:

Post a Comment