Random Posts

Monday, May 17, 2010

Another Loss at Queen Alice

After getting through the preliminary rounds in two tournaments at QA, I’ve been dropping games like flies in the finals. This game was my second loss in a row to “cunha” from Brazil, rated 2697 on the site, which puts him 4th on the rating list. So far in the last ten games my record has been a dismal +3 –6 =1.

In this game I seemed to be doing well until I suddenly realized he was making small inroads into my Q-side. His 20. …b4! confirmed my suspicions that just maybe I was going to lose. Looking back over the game I really can’t pinpoint a specific place I could have improved but my 9th move and wasted time with said N may have had something to do with it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't see the game score!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you can’t. I originally used the excellent KnightVision PGN Viewer to post games. Unfortunately flash is no longer supported and KnightVision now offers only a mobile viewer which does not show annotations or variations. For reasons that I do not know, games posted with KnightVision from the early years no longer appear in the posts.

    ReplyDelete